Run for the industry, by the industry, the Sports Trade Awards will take place on the evening of Sunday 29th July 2014 at the Four Pillars Hotel, Gloucestershire.
This free to enter, fully inclusive awards scheme is different from anything else that exists in this sector and will be for ALL retailers and brands.
adidas, Hi Tec and ActivInstinct have already signed up as sponsors for the 2014 event. Further sponsorship opportunities are NOW available.
Hi Tec's Helen Durant said: "Hi-Tec is a proud British Sports brand whose heritage lies in Court sports having developed the first ever Squash shoe the Hi-Tec Squash. Therefore we are all extremely excited to support this year's Sports Trade Awards and the Sports industry as a whole."
Event Director and publisher of the SGB group of magazines, Paul Ryder said: "Following the success of the Sports Trade Awards 2013, we are delighted to announce that the event will return to the Four pillars Hotel on Sunday 29th June with comedian Ian Moore as host. We are currently in talks with a number of key industry figures and look forward to releasing details of additional partnerships in due course. This is a totally independent, credible and ethical event, and as such it offers a level playing field for brands, retailers and individuals to shine and be rewarded for the successes of the past year."
How it works
• A well tried and secure online nomination and voting process will produce five finalists in each category with the winners being those who have attracted the most votes overall.
• No judging panel will be required which means there will be no possibility of opinion bias and third party scrutiny will ensure total credibility of the process
• You can nominate a company(s) or individual(s) for an award in each of the relevant categories. There is also the opportunity to self-nominate!
• Is there a retailer that you know does a fabulous job? Do you have any 'hero brands' that are a guaranteed hit? How do you separate the best from the rest when there is so much to choose from? Well now is your chance to tell us by highlighting the brands, people, retailers and services of the future.’
The Voting stage
• Only members of the industry may take part – consumer nominations and votes will not be counted.
• Only one vote is allowed per category, per IP address.
• Multiple votes from one person (or excessive votes (50+) from one company) will be discounted
• All voting categories should be completed where possible
• Finalists are not permitted to complete voting forms on behalf of a client
• Finalists are not permitted to offer incentives to encourage votes
• All contact details must be completed to validate your vote
• The organisers reserve the right to exclude any organisation without prior notice or explanation
Sponsors of each award will be given dedicated marketing promotion and brand awareness both through the SGB magazine group, this dedicated awards website, other trade communication partners and in all the reviews afterwards. The evening will include a Champagne reception and three-course dinner. A chosen Charity will be benefiting from funds raised on the night.
Full details of sponsorship packages can be obtained by contacting Richard Punyer at email@example.com or by calling him direct on 01622 699135.
More information on the nomination and voting process will follow in due course.
The Sports Trade Awards were hosted on 7 July to over 170 members of the industry to celebrate award-winning products, people, retailers and services. Despite untypically British sweltering conditions, there was an electric atmosphere as the trade waited with baited breath to find out who had won in each category. With a voting process in which over 700 individuals had their say, there was no question that each winner wasn’t thoroughly deserved and crucially, the event provided perfect networking opportunities.
Awards Category Sponsors
"Hi-Tec is a proud British Sports brand whose heritage lies in Court sports having developed the first ever Squash shoe the Hi-Tec Squash. Therefore we are all extremely excited to support this year's Sports Awards and the Sports industry as a whole."
'I believe that brands and retailers should have some recognition for both their innovation and customer service, and what better way than to have an awards evening based on votes from the people they work with'